Time Warner cable internet outage is a very common problem which occurs due to issue in the modem. Most people who use Time Warner cable internet services do not know that they can resolve several internet-related issues on their own. You can easily resolve issues such as low-speed internet or internet outage within moments if you know the right process or contact our support.
A Time Warner Cable internet customer may face the following issues:
Time Warner Cable Modem Issues
- Modem not working
- Slow internet
- Internet down
- Unable to connect after internet outage
- Modem light not working
- Modem port not working
- Ethernet cable damaged
- Unable to connect to smartphone
If you are facing issues like slow internet, internet outage or any other modem-related issue, you can follow this 3-step troubleshoot guide.
Troubleshoot Time Warner Cable Modem
Follow the power cycle technique to reset your Time Warner cable modem. Put it out of power for 30 seconds by unplugging it from the electricity and put it back in. This soft reset is quite effective in solving several general issues. If you have a modem/router combo, follow the below-mentioned reset process. Make sure to apply this technique once in every month to make your modem run smoothly all the time.
Disconnect your coaxial cable from your modem’s coaxial connection box. If the sockets of your modem’s coaxial connection have never been cleaned, dust it with a dry cloth. Excessive dust can make your modem work slowly. Check for any wear and tear on the device and make sure the copper needle in the coaxial cable is not been broken. If everything looks alright, connect coaxial cable to your modem’s coaxial connection socket.
Disconnect your modem’s Ethernet cable and try another Ethernet cable. There are chances that your Ethernet port might be at fault. If your Ethernet cable is working correctly with another modem, the problem lies in your modem. You can contact Time Warner support to get further help.
Reset Modem With A Separate Router
If you have separate equipment for router and modem, follow these steps to reset your modem:
- Disconnect your modem with router and unplug its cord from main power supply.
- Unplug your router from power.
- Wait for a minute and reconnect both the devices with power.
- Wait for two minutes until reset process is completed. Make sure that your device’s lights are solid and not blinking.
- Connect your modem with router and check your internet connection.
Reset Modem With Modem/Router Combo
If you have a one-piece equipment which acts both as modem and router, follow these steps to reset the device:
- If your device has a power button, turn it OFF and unplug it from the power supply. If it has batteries, remove them.
- Wait for a minute and connect the device with power source.
- Wait for two minutes until reset process is completed. Verify that your device’s lights are solid and not blinking.
- Check the internet connection if it is working correctly or not.