The list of internet service providers (ISPs) in the USA is long enough with each provider excelling in one or the other point. With so many options, it gets difficult to choose the one that would give you the best internet browsing experience. Depending upon the area of service, it is wise to narrow down the options for a better selection.
There are certain factors which play an important role in finding the right internet service provider for one’s household or business. These are Coverage, Speed, and Customer satisfaction.
Coverage: Only satellite internet providers can cover almost every area while fiber-optic providers do not offer wide coverage. While selecting an internet service provider, it is needed to keep in mind the geographical area and the companies that offer internet services in that particular location.
Speed: The speed is important to enjoy great browsing session as per the requirements. Small household, large household or business, all have separate needs for the data speed to be met accordingly.
Customer Satisfaction: While the other things are important, customer services are an important aspect. Each happy customer means increased ratings of the service provider which is responsible to either upscale or lower down the company’s position.
AT&T is best acknowledged for satisfactory customer services as compared to its competitors, thereby making it a consistent topper of the charts. It provides fiber-optic services in a total of 21 states and has impressively scored a 5/5 rating with respect to customer satisfaction, overall performance, communication, service cost, and billing. The highlights of AT&T are:
- Faster internet speed (100 Mbps to 1 Gbps)
- Ideal for large households with heavy internet requirement
- Broad coverage with fiber network
- Both AT&T and its DSL service have high coverage
- Impressive customer service
- Fiber plans’ price is slightly higher
Verizon is recommended as the best fiber internet provider that offers fiber-optic high speeds and satisfactory customer services. This has made Verizon earn the 2nd position. Their service is available in 10 states with the estimated population covered to be 33,937,419.
- Faster speeds ranging from 50 Mbps to 1000 Mbps, however, the maximum speed recorded was 940Mbps.
- Excels at gaming services
- High upload and download speed
- Low latency
- Offers discount with a two-year contract
- Excellent customer services
- Not available in a lot of regions
- The DSL plans are slightly expensive
This is a satellite internet provider and is virtually available almost everywhere. Its nationwide availability makes it the best in the satellite provider category. People living in remote areas with low availability of other internet service providers consider HughesNet. The key points of HughesNet are:
- Outstanding reach to about 308.7 million people
- Gives faster speeds with satellite internet (25 Mbps with each plan)
- Cost-effective plans with good download speeds
- Speed limits can be modified at any time
- Application to track the data usage
- Poor customer services
#4 Frontier Communications
For someone who is interested in affordable internet with fair usage rates can consider Frontier Communications. The download speed with this provider varies from 50-1000 Mbps. Frontier offers a bare-bones internet package for all kinds of household- small or large. Take a look at the highlights:
- Cost-effective and cheap DSL plans as compared to others
- Free router and modem on signing a contract plan
- Cheap equipment cost
- Flexible contract options with a two-year price lock
- Low customer services with poor ratings
#5 Charter Spectrum
The unlimited data plans with high-speed internet made Charter Spectrum come 5th in the list. This is regarded as the best cable internet provider as offers a 500 US Dollar contract buyout. The best points about Spectrum are:
- Provides service in 45 states
- Huge fiber coverage with faster speeds
- Average customer ratings
- Generous contract buyout to help easily switch the current ISP
- The internet-only plans are overpriced
- Short-term promotions
#6 Century Link
Century link is considered best for business internet while offering generous compensation for the downtimes while browsing their services. Although these have many bundling options, the other serviceable areas need improvement. That is why despite being active in about 38 states, it lands up at 6th position in the chart. The key points of century link are:
- Provides reimbursement for downtimes
- Transparent service level agreement (SLA)
- Flexible contracts with either a month-to-month plan or a two-year full contract
- Customer satisfaction is not up to the mark
- The speeds are lower than they are advertised
#7 Comcast Xfinity
Even with the fastest maximum speeds, Comcast Xfinity is not being used by a majority of the people. This ISP maintains the fast speeds as promised in order to provide the best services in 39 states. The highlights of Comcast include:
- Reliably fast speeds with an excellent track record
- Different plans for different needs
- The 1 TB data cap is pretty generous
- Unlike the other providers, Comcast asks for installation fee
- The customer service is very poor
It is not necessary to avail the services of only top providers, prefer the one that fulfills your demands under all categories. We have presented the 7 Best Internet service providers with their focal points to provide a better view.