There can be several reasons to take a back-up of the current data on your Garmin device. For instance, the memory of the device is full or need to attempt a master reset on the GPS unit.
Garmin Express application enables you to save your Garmin device data including favorites, saved addresses and routes and can make a copy of them in an easy manner.
To do so, follow:
- At first, install the Garmin Express softwarefrom the Garmin website.
- Next, you have to run the application and connect your Garmin unit via the USB data cable.
- Automatically, your system will detect the device.
- Select the option ‘Save Device’. This will turn on the synchronization for the future.
- Now, click on the ‘Device’, followed by the ‘Backup/Restore’.
- Select the option ‘Back up Files’ and your device will store your data on your computer.
If you wish to restore your data, follow:
- At first, go to the Backup/Restore screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Date/time of restore.
- Click on ‘Restore’ option.
- Wait for a while as restoration procedure may take a couple of minutes.
- At the end, you will get a message stating that all the data is restored successfully.
Note: Your Garmin unit may or may not back up the router as only selected device support multiple stop routing.
For the case, when you face problems while restoring or creating a backup of your Garmin device data, seek instant assistance from our skilled Garmin experts.