If you are facing issues with your CenturyLink phone or internet service, you can easily troubleshoot your way out of the issue if you follow the right guide. Here is a troubleshoot process which you perform easily and get a solution for your CenturyLink phone or internet problem or instant call centurylink service.
Things To Keep In Mind
Before your start the troubleshoot process, here are some points which you should keep in mind:
- First of all, make sure there is no physical damage in your device. If you have a damaged device, you might not get a positive result by troubleshooting. You have to repair your device or if it is irreparable, get a new one.
- Make sure that you are having an individual problem. Ask your neighbors if they are facing the same issue or not.
- Confirm that you are not in a CenturyLink service outage area with the CenturyLink outage map. If you are in a service outage area, the issue will be resolved by CenturyLink itself.
- Make sure you have registered with CenturyLink so that you receive a notification whenever there is a service outage in your area due to maintenance work.
CenturyLink Phone Issues and Troubleshoot Guide
You might face some of these issues with your CenturyLink phone service:
- Getting no dial tone
- Having issues in incoming calls
- CenturyLink Phone service going down
- Phone responding slowly
- CenturyLink phone device heating
- Hearing static noise during call on CenturyLink
- CenturyLink phone network dropping continuously
- Unable to reach 911 with CenturyLink phone
- Hearing strange noises during phone call
Troubleshooting CenturyLink Phone Issues
- Check that you have made the last bill payment for your CenturyLink phone service.
- Always use Ethernet cable for a secure connection. Using a low-grade cable can reduce your connectivity.
- Check that your phone is sitting accurately on the phone’s hooks. You will not receive any incoming calls if it is put down carelessly.
- Check for any damaged or unsecured cable connection. If there is a damaged cable, replace it.
- Make sure your equipment has a decent amount of battery. Sometimes low battery levels also cause some strange noises while you are on a call.
- If you are not getting signals, make sure there is no obstacle around the device. Always set it in an open area.
- Never put your device in close range with other electrical devices such as Wi-Fi, TV, radio, intercom or a kitchen appliances as they may create disturbance in signals.
- Check your phone and verify that no cable output ports are damaged.
- Make sure you have not opted for a Call-Forwarding option.
- Check that the handset is in close proximity with the phone base so that it stays connected with the phone service.
- Check the receiver end of your phone and make sure it is clean off the dust. A chunk of dust can easily affect your call service.
- Try power cycling method on your phone. Unplug all the wires from the cords and unplug your phone from the power supply. Put all the wiring again and check.
- If you are still unable to use your phone, the issue may be in the wiring or from CenturyLink itself. Just register for a repair ticket and CenturyLink will resolve your issue at the earliest. The best thing about this repair ticket is that you do not have to pay for any services.
CenturyLink Internet Issues and Troubleshoot Guide
You might one of these CenturyLink Internet Issues with your service:
- No internet light on modem
- CenturyLink internet not working
- Slow internet
- Getting red lights on CenturyLink modem
- Level3 CenturyLink outage
- DSL light flashing no internet
- CenturyLink modem not connecting to internet
- DSL red light issues
Troubleshooting CenturyLink Internet Issues
Follow these to troubleshoot your CenturyLink internet issue:
- Never use low-grade wire with your modem as it may reduce your original internet speed. Make sure that you are using the original CenturyLink wiring for internet connection.
- Unplug the modem from the main power outlet. If you have a router, unplug all the cords from it.
- If you have a battery operated modem/router, remove the batteries.
- Connect all the wires and batteries and connect your modem/router with main power outlet.
- Press the reset button for 15 seconds until the lights start blinking on the device.
- Wait until the internet (INT) lights are turned ON on your device.
- When the INT lights turn ON, it signifies that internet is active in your device.
- The accurate lights of your CenturyLink modem should be:
- DSL light: (solid) green
- Power light: (solid) green
- Wireless light: (flashing) green – In case of wireless capabilities.
- Internet (INT) light: (flashing) green
- Ethernet light: (flashing) green – In case of internet connection via an Ethernet cable.
- If all the lights are operating accurately that means your device is active with internet.
How To Create A Repair Ticket With CenturyLink?
If you are not in a service outage area and your phone or internet is still not working, you can create a repair ticket. With repair ticket, you will get free CenturyLink customer support visit at your home. Follow these steps to create a service ticket:
- Open a web browser and go to CenturyLink website.
- Click on Control Center.
- Log in with your CenturyLink username and password.
- Go to Service Management and click on Ticketing.
- Click on Create Ticket.
- Enter your Product/Service ID and other details.
- Check your entries. Make sure you have selected the right service.
- Go to the list and write what service issues you are facing.
- If you have troubleshot your device for any damage, click on Verified Power and Equipment are Working.
- Check on Authorize for Dispatch box and click on Submit.
- A CenturyLink representative will get in touch within four hours.