CenturyLink company is one of the global technological giants and a member of fortune 500 company which is famous for delivering the service it promises. There are a variety of CenturyLink services like internet, phone and home security which you can enjoy. No technology company can provide a cent percent accurate service and CenturyLink is also not an exception.
Here you can find most of the common issues and how can you resolve such issues guide. Simply follow the mentioned steps and enjoy an error free CenturyLink service.
CenturyLink Phone Issues
- Hearing static news on call
- Getting no dial tone
- Phone line outage in the area
- Network dropping continuously
- Service going up and down
- Unable to dial 911
- Unable to make outgoing calls
- Having issues in incoming calls
- Hearing strange noises during phone call
How To Troubleshoot CenturyLink Phone Issue?
- Make sure you are using the Ethernet cable for secure connections.
- Make sure your monthly subscription has not expired.
- Always place your phone accurately on the phone’s hooks. Placing your device recklessly may create signal problems in your phone.
- Verify that the issue lies in signal and not in your device itself.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is not dead.
- Check your phone and verify that no output jacks are damaged.
- You can try a power cycle check on your phone. Simply unplug all your wires from the cords and unplug it from the power supply. Put all the wiring again and check.
- If you are still unable to use your phone, the issue may be in the wiring or from CenturyLink itself. Just register for a repair ticket and CenturyLink will resolve your issue at the earliest. The best thing about this repair ticket is that you do not have to pay for any services.
How To Remove Noise From CenturyLink Phone?
- Make sure your equipment has a decent amount of battery. Sometimes low battery levels also cause strange noises while you are on a call.
- Never put your device in close range with other electrical devices such as Wi-Fi, TV, radio, intercom or a kitchen appliance.
- Always set your handset in close proximity with the base so that it gets connected with the phone service.
- Do not use any line separate which can shift away your calls.
- If you are not hearing any dial tone, check that all the wiring and cable are connected securely and there is no damage in them.
- Check all your cords and outputs to make sure that your device is not damaged.
CenturyLink Internet Issues
- No internet light on modem
- Slow internet
- Level3 CenturyLink outage
- DSL light flashing but no internet
- Modem unable to connect to internet
- DSL red light issues
How To Fix CenturyLink internet?
If you cannot access internet using your CenturyLink connection or having a red light on your CenturyLink modem, here is a simple technique which you can follow to fix your internet:
- Make sure that you are using the original wiring for the connection. If you have a low-grade wire, it may create disturbance in your internet speed.
- Unplug the modem from the main power outlet. If you have a router, unplug all the cords from it.
- If you have a battery-operated modem/router, remove the batteries.
- Connect all the wires and batteries and connect your modem/router with main power outlet.
- Start your device. Wait for two minutes till your device connects whit internet.
- If all the lights are operating accurately, that means your device is active with internet.
- The accurate lights of your CenturyLink modem should be:
- DSL light: (solid) green
- Power light: (solid) green
- Wireless light: (flashing) green – In case of wireless capabilities.
- Internet (INT) light: (flashing) green
- Ethernet light: (flashing) green – In case of internet connection via an Ethernet cable.
How To Reset CenturyLink Modem?
Follow these steps if you want to reset your modem/router on its factory settings:
- Press the reset button for 15 seconds until the lights start blinking on the device.
- Wait until the internet (INT) lights are turned ON on your device.
- When the INT lights turn ON, it signifies that internet is active in your device.
- Open a browser and check your internet connection.
- If you want to perform a factory reset, simply unplug all the wires from your device and plug it again.
CenturyLink Prism TV Issues
- Missing channels issue
- CenturyLink Prism TV not working
- Getting no picture in Prism TV
- Getting no signals in Prism TV
- CenturyLink Prism TV screen freezing
- Unable to view some channels
How To Solve CenturyLink TV Issues?
Here is a simple guide to reset your device and resolve all your Prism TV issues:
- If you are facing screen freeze issue, go to another channel and see if the issue is still there.
- Make sure all the wires are connected securely within all the devices.
- If you are facing issues on all the channels, there are chances that your set top box might be faulty. Contact the repair center in such case.
- If the screen freeze issue is still there, press the power button on your set top box for 10 seconds. Your set top box will begin the automatic reset process.
- After the reset process, you will see the progress on your screen with Microsoft Media Room and CenturyLink logo.
How To Resolve CenturyLink TV Remote Issue?
Follow these steps to resolve all your CenturyLink TV remote issues:
- Make sure you are directing the remote towards your set top box and there are no obstacles in between.
- Check the batteries of your remote. Change them if they are six months older.
- Never put your remote in close proximity with other electrical items such as microwave oven, refrigerator.
- You can use some options like TV OFF, TV ON, Channel UP, Channel down directly from your set top box so you can use these options in case your remote is not working.
CenturyLink Home Security Issues
- Camera not working
- DVR unable to load content
- Free space issue in CenturyLink
- Camera not following command
- Bad video or picture quality
- Unable to zoom on live screen
- Cloud Hub issue
- LED lights not flashing
How To Resolve CenturyLink Home Security Issues?
- If there are no lights flashing on your device, try to connect it in a different power source. Do not use a power strip for the connection.
- Make sure you have removed all the wrappings and plastics from the front side of your camera before installing it.
- Check that the front lens of your camera is not dirty or covered by something.
- Make sure your power adapter is not damaged. If you find a fault in the power adapter, change it.
- Check that you are using the latest version of your camera firmware. If not, upgrade it at the earliest.
- If you are having an issue in Z-Wave LED on the cloud Hub portal, it signifies that you have battery issues.
Some Common CenturyLink Issues
- Getting excessive bills
- Unable to log into your CenturyLink account
- Forgot your CenturyLink username ID or password
- Unable to place a repair request with CenturyLink
- Unable to get in touch with a CenturyLink representative
If you follow any such problems or you are not able to solve any of your CenturyLink issues even after trying the self-troubleshoot, it is better that you get in touch with CenturyLink customer support. If you want to get in touch directly with a CenturyLink tech expert, simply dial 1-866-405-0231.