QuickBooks is one of the best accounting applications which is available both online and offline. Users can enjoy comfort of accounting with this application. Moreover, if there are any display issues with the application then you can resolve this problem by following the simple procedure in this article.
Well, the QuickBooks display issue is caused by your Microsoft Windows font and resolution settings. When the settings are not optimized, the following problems may appear:
- Incomplete transaction forms appear because it doesn’t fit the screen.
- The sizing icons don’t appear at the top right corner of the Window.
- Field labels are hidden.
- Missing buttons.
- When you change the window size screen is distorted.
- Fonts appear very big.
In order to correct these flaws with QuickBooks display, change settings such as font, screen resolution, or any other Windows settings (like DPI).
First Option: Alter the properties of QuickBooks:
- First, right-click your mouse on QuickBooks icon.
- Now find and left click on Properties option.
- Click on the Compatibility tab from the Window.
- Now click on the checkbox found on the next to ‘Disable display scaling on high DP/ settings’ option.
- Next, click on ‘Apply’.
- Click on ‘OK’.
- Now run the QuickBooks program and check if the screen appears correct now.
Second Option: Alter Windows DPI settings:
For Windows 8/7 users:
- First, bring your mouse pointer over the Desktop, now right click, next click on ‘Screen Resolution’ option from there.
- Now locate the link “Make text and other items larger or smaller” found at the bottom of the of the settings screen.
- Find and click on circle beside the “Smaller – 100%” option. It will make the text size normal on your PC.
- Now choose any appropriate option between log off now or log off later.
For Windows Vista users:
- Go to the Desktop and hover your mouse there then right click and choose Personalize from the menu.
- Now click on ‘Adjust font size (DPI)’ option from the left side part.
- Choose “Default scale (96 DPI)” option.
For Windows XP users:
- Go to the Desktop and right click your mouse there, then choose ‘Properties’ from the menu.
- Now choose the “Settings” tab from there.
- Next, click ‘Advanced’ button.
- Now alter the DPI to Normal size (96 DPI).
Note: After altering the display settings, several programs may not display properly. It is recommended that you should log off your PC and then restart after changing the DPI settings.
In case you have trouble changing the screen settings then contact QuickBooks customer service for instant help about it.