Comcast email policy clearly mentions that if you do not log into your account in the last 12 months, Comcast will inactivate your email account. If you log into your Comcast account using the Xfinity username and password, your account will stay active. You can sign into any of the Xfinity account to make sure your Comcast account stays active.
For any reason, if you do not sign into your Comcast account in the last 12 months, Comcast will delete your account and content saved in the account. You will be notified first that Comcast is going to delete your account so you can activate your inactive account if you want to save the contents. If you are busy and unable to work on your Comcast account, you can choose the auto-forwarding method. If any account is set on auto-forwarding, Comcast will put it as an active account.
How To Check Your Comcast Email Account Status
Follow these steps if you want to check your Comcast email account status:
- Log into your Xfinity My Account with your Xfinity username and password.
- After the sign in, click on the Services options from the navigation tab.
- Go to Additional Features tab.
- If your Comcast account is active, you will not find any status below the Additional Features.
- If your account is inactive, you will find, ‘You haven’t used your Comcast email account in the past 12 months. Your email account, inbox, and folders may be deleted’ status message.
- If your account is Reserved, you will find, ‘You haven’t set up your Comcast email account yet’ status message.
How To Reactivate A Comcast Email Account
An inactive Comcast email account can easily reactivated by signing into the email account.
You can activate your Comcast email account by signing into the following:
- Xfinity Connect webmail
- Xfinity Connect mobile app
- Third-party email software