Spectrum TV offers streaming service using which you can access a number of channels along with on-demand TV shows and movies. And Spectrum TV app can take this experience to another level. Well, sometimes, while using streaming service through Spectrum TV app, you may face some problems souring your overall experience. But don’t worry, if there are problems, there are solutions too. Here we have mentioned all the common problems that users face with Spectrum TV app, with proper troubleshooting tips. Keep reading.
Spectrum TV App Troubleshooting Guide
One technical glitch may ruin the whole experience. And the worst part is not being able to fix them by yourself. You can better this experience with the help of a few troubleshooting techniques. Let’s see what are the most common problems with Spectrum TV app and how can you resolve them easily.
1. Some Channels Missing On Spectrum TV App
While streaming Spectrum TV, you may notice that some channels are not showing. In that case, it may be because of parental controls being enabled, which can block some channels or content that seem to be ‘not appropriate’ as per the settings.
Fix: The issue can easily be fixed by disabling the parental controls or you can try adjusting the filters. Simply, click settings in the Spectrum TV App, click on ‘Parental Controls’ and turn off the controls or simply modify the filters.
In case, you still can’t fix the issue and need further assistance, contact our specialist and get instant help.
2. Local Channels Missing On Spectrum TV App
Another common issue that you may experience with Spectrum TV app is not showing local channels. The problem may occur in case you are traveling and trying to access the channels away from the home network. You should keep in mind that the local channels will only be available on the home network.
Fix: The best thing to do here is to wait until you get back to your location. You can use the DVR option to get these shows recorded for you so that you can watch them once you get back.
In case you are in the home location and still facing issues, you are suggested to check your location settings and enable it as the local channels require your location to be shown on the Spectrum TV app.
3. Spectrum TV App Not Streaming
Slow or failed streaming is another common problem with Spectrum TV app. There may be several reasons including a poor Internet connection, device issues, outdated app etc.
Fix: Try the following things:
- If you are facing this issue, the best advice is to check with your home network first. Make sure that your Internet is working and fast enough to let you stream anything you want.
- If using Wi-Fi, you should make sure that your router is close to the streaming device, without having any obstacles in between (walls, doors or other barriers may cause scattering of the wireless signals leading to the error).
- Instead of Wi-Fi, you can try using an Ethernet cable for better connectivity.
- Another thing to be done is to update the Spectrum TV app to the most recent version.
- If you still face the error, chances are that there is some issue with the device you are streaming with (smart TV, phone, computer, etc.). Check for the software updates for your device and install the latest updates if available. Also, turn the device off and remove the cable from the power outlet, wait for a minute and restart it. Doing so will help fix the minor software bugs.
4. Trouble Signing In To Spectrum TV app
Login problems are very common with most of the apps, not just with Spectrum TV app. Mostly it happens because of wrong login credentials.
Fix: Try the following:
- Check if you are entering the right username and password.
- While entering your password, keep in mind that the letters in the password are case sensitive in nature, so take care of caps and small letters.
- If still not able to sign in, try recovering the account using the ‘forgot password’ link given at the login page. Follow the onscreen instructions and reset your password.
Spectrum TV App Not Recognizing The Home Network
If Spectrum TV app is not recognizing the home network, the app identifies you as not being in your home location that leads to some content not being available.
Fix: Try the following things:
- Make sure to not to use a proxy or VPN as they will alter the IP address, making Spectrum app to not recognize the connection.
- If not using a proxy or VPN, you can release the IP addresses on the router to fix the issue. It will reset your computer’s IP address and can help fix the error. Also, you can reboot the router. To reboot, turn off the router and remove the cable from the power outlet, wait for a minute and restart it.
Spectrum TV App Not Recording
DVR issues are also one of the most common problems faced by the subscribers. The issues may be DVR freezing while recording, or skipped recordings, or sometimes not recording anything. Mainly, these problems arise because of the software issues on the Spectrum TV app, DVR or the streaming device.
- First check if all the softwares (for Spectrum TV app, DVR and the streaming device) are updated to their latest versions.
- Next, reboot both the streaming device and DVR.
- If the problem persists, delete a few of the older movies and shows you have recorded. Delete even if the DVR has some space as some older DVR have bugs causing the problems even if they have 50% available space.
- If nothing works, there may be a hardware problem with the DVR, and the best decision will be to replace the DVR with a new one.
Spectrum TV app issues can turn your well-planned relaxing weekends into a nightmare. But not anymore! Most of the these problems may easily be fixed. Using the above troubleshooting techniques, you can get back to streaming all your favorite TV shows and movies in minutes. However, in case these tips are not helpful or you are facing something different from the above-mentioned issues, you can contact Spectrum Experts and get your issue resolved.