One of the most common problems with the Garmin Forerunner 110 unit is, it starts to display a blank screen and sometimes, do not charge at all.
As Garmin has several followers, a number of users rely on the Forerunner 110 to track fitness activities. Whether you go for a swim, sprint, run, or ride a bike, your Forerunner watch keeps a track on you.
But what should you do when the screen goes completely bank? Follow:
- Plug in one end of the charging adapter to your watch. Now, you have to hold the light button for around 15 seconds. Next, you have to press the light button and plug the other end into your computer system.
- In case, the above method doesn’t help, try:
- Try to hold each Lap/Reset, Start/Stop and the Light button for 30 seconds.
- Hold all buttons for 7 seconds.
- Press and hold the Light button for about 10 seconds, and the screen will go blank. Wait for a while, till your watch comes back to life. In case nothing happens, you have to plug the watch into the power source.
- Try to plug the Forerunner 110 in a different USB port.
Update the Firmware
Next, you have to ensure that you do not require updating the firmware. If you do, check for firmware update here.
Attempt a master reset.
Please note: a factory reset will delete all your previous data including your work-out activities.
To do a factory reset, follow:
- Hold and press the lap/ reset and start/stop buttons.
- Now, press the light button and you will hear a single beep.
- When you will release your finger from the start/stop button, the unit will beep once again.
- Next, remove your finger from the lap/reset button.
- At last, release the light button and your Forerunner 110 will reset successfully.
In case, none of the above steps helped and you are unable to fix your Garmin Forerunner 110, then try to contact the Garmin support directly from here.