If you are facing regular issues with your Modem and the Internet is not working properly, the reason might be easy to fix, all you need is the proper guidance to troubleshoot the issue. So, here we have provided some methods and techniques to fix the issue so that you can enjoy interruption-free services.
1. Untangle your cords and cables
You can easily check and untangle the cords and cables connecting to your modem. It will need you to find out the following:
- To know that the Modem is turned ON or not.
- All the connections are secure and perfectly tight.
- Cords and cables are attached to a genuine power source.
In case you find any of the issues with the cords and cables connecting the modem, you can visit the section: Connecting cables and cords perfectly, or you can connect with us if you need an instant and expert assistance to resolve the issues.
2. Avoid the general blunders while setting up
Generally, the users make mistakes while setting up the connections that may arise issues and errors with the modem and the Internet connection.
Keep the following measures in mind:
- Never implement a DSL filter in between the modem and the jack of wall phone: The modem readily comes with a filter in it, so never try to connect jack of wall phone with the modem using an in-line filter. Implementing a DSL filter will prevent the signals carrying data from reaching to the modem and can lead to a slow Internet connection.
- Never connect the phone cord of modem to the phone jack or splitters:
The line of the phone connecting to the jack of wall phone to the LINE Port or modem DSL, should not have any kind of equipment attached.
- Never connect jack of wall phone to the port of modem labeled as the phone:
The cord of phone that goes from the modem and wall jack should be attached to the modem labeled as LINE or DSL. The port of phone on the modem is provided to connect it to a telephone device.
3. Restart, reboot- check and verify
- Restart the modem:
- Unplug the power cord of the modem for about 20 seconds, and then plug it in back again.
- Wait for two minutes to let the modem restart.
Note: Keep that thing in mind that your modem works 24/7. An occasional or sudden break will delete all the excess data to improve its efficiency.
- Restart your device or the computer:
Turn OFF and restart your device. This will clear reconnect settings and cache, wait for two minutes before accessing the Internet.
- Check and verify that the lights of the modem are correct:
If your modem is functioning properly, the lights on it will look like:
- DSL light indicator: Solid Green
- Power light indicator: Solid Green
- Internet light indicator: Flashing Green
- Wireless light indicator: Flashing Green (If you are using wireless connection)
- Ethernet light indicator: Flashing Green (If you are using Ethernet connection)
4. Enhance a connection of low quality
If you are able to connect to the Internet by using the above steps, but your connection keeps dropping or slow, try these instructions:
- Connection drops
If your connection is dropping again and again when you try to use a landline, it might happen because the connections are not made properly while setting up the modem.
- Slow connection
Test your Internet speed, if you think that it is not working as fast as it normally does.
If you still are not able to connect and enjoy the Internet connection or having difficulties with the modem, get support from our experts to fix the issue without any extra efforts.