TomTom offers wide rangeof inexpensive GPS devices, but sometimes users may face troubles with their GPS units. Moreover, with some simple troubleshooting users can remove such problems easily.
Troubleshooting TomTom issues
Featuring a 4.3-inch screen, TomTom XL 340s is a car GPS device. Further, it also features the TomTom Map Share technology, enables users to change address information. It’s a pocket-friendly device and works very fine, however sometimes users may experience problems with their TomTom XL 340S. Mostly, users face issues regarding the map updates.
Often TomTom users face map update problems and such issues may come in several different forms. For instance, many users find error messages like “No maps found!” there is no space or no map file found etc.
You can get rid of map update issues by following the below steps:
- Firstly, remove any map files of the failed download.
- Now reboot your GPS device then download the map again.
Most of the time, a simple device restart fixes the problem. In case the problem isn’t fixed then follow below steps:
- First of all, before anything you must back up all your data on your TomTom 340S. You should use Internet Explorer web browser for this.
- So, plug the TomTom into your PC using a USB cablethen copy and paste all data to yourPC. While sending data to PC ensure that all hidden folder and files are also visible.
- Using the Explorer, remove all the data on your TomTom unit. Completely wipe out the device.
- Open the TomTom Home program on your PC. It will show a popup to download a content.
- Download the content on your PC.
- Run WinRAR program on your PC to view the contents of the file.
- Take out Voices folder from there put the files on your desktop or temp folder.
- A Vocalizer or Loquendo folder should appear there. Also, move this folder to the exact location where the Voices folder are moved.
- Open the Home application again, now install the map you were trying to download.
- Now add the voices to your TomTom XL 340S device from the Home.
- Find the blue icon located at the bottom-right of the GPS unit’s Home screen for disconnecting it.
Now run your device and check it’s working. In case it still not working contact TomTom support for help.