Even though Time Warner (now Spectrum cable) make sure to provide a seamless TV service, issues like Cable box says boot and cable box wont turn off may occur from time to time. Call 1-866-405-0231 if any issues to resolve or visit here.
Some other issues also trouble a Time Warner cable user like:
- Snowy picture
- Snowy screen
- Ghosting image
- Blue, Black or white screen
- Hum Bar lines
If these issues are happening due fault in your TV, contact your TV provider. You have to verify first that these issues are occurring due to fault in your TV router and follow these steps to resolve your problems. You can use the Power Cycle option or your cable box.
Power Cycle To Reset Time Warner Cable Box
Follow this power cycling method to reset your TV router:
- Press the power OFF button on your cable box.
- Unplug the device from main power. Remove the plug from electrical socket.
- Plug your device in the electric socket but do not turn ON the cable box. Let it reboot itself which usually takes 2 to 4 minutes.
- Wait for a minute and press the power key to turn On the device. Your power cycling will be completed.
Using the Time Warner Cable Box For Reset
If you have any issue with your Time Warner cable box, you can use the cable box itself to reset it. Just follow these steps:
- If your device has not been frozen, press the Power button to turn it OFF. If it is frozen, unplug it from the power supply. You can also turn it OFF from the cable remote.
- Press the ‘Volume down’, ‘Volume up’ and ‘Info’ keys at the same time. Keep them pressed until your device initiates the rebooting process.
- Wait for a minute and let the reset process to be completed. It will be finished as soon as the Time display comes on the display. Press the power key and turn ON your device.
With this reset process, you can also resolve issues like Out of sync audios, Audio-video sync issues and other TV errors.