Garmin is one of the best GPS device providers which manufacture GPS device for a wide range spreading right from single consumer devices to government aviation devices. With their thousands of GPS products, Garmin has established a big name in the navigation industry.
Garmin covers almost all activities and provides fitness and GPS devices for the following category:
Just like any other equipment, these devices are also prone to some negative technicalities. If you are looking for the simplest way to update Garmin maps, you have to download Garmin Express or you have to buy a nuMaps membership which will allow you a lifetime map update.
How To Download And Install Garmin Express?
Here is the guide to download Garmin express app:
- Check that your PC has high speed internet.
- Open a browser and go the Garmin site.
- Verify that you met with all the system requirements and proceed.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button and the application will be downloaded.
- Locate the downloaded file and ‘Run’ it in your PC.
- Your Garmin Express application will be downloaded and installed.
How To Activate nuMaps Lifetime Subscription
Just follow these points to activate the lifetime membership card applicable against nuMaps
- Purchase the nuMaps from a retail store or from the Garmin website.
- Sign-In in your myGarmin account by entering your details with nuMaps product key.
- You will find a ‘Activate My Subscription’ option, just click on it.
- You will receive a prompt message asking to activate the Lifetime Map Update.
- As soon as you sign in again in your myGarmin account, you will be subscribed to the nuMaps lifetime update.
- You will receive notification for any Garmin map updates made available. Just download and update every map via Garmin Express app.
Garmin Marine GPS Map Update
Garmin Marine GPS Device Issues
Here are some issues which your Garmin Marine device can have:
- Low screen resolution
- Auto pilot program issue
- Device not working properly after update
- Frequent marine device lagging
- GPS not working in shallow water
- Some charts/maps are missing
- Auto-routing issues
- Marine device unable to update
- Connection with auto-pilot lost
- Incorrect routing
- Application is not starting
- Low voltage supply
- No steering controller detected
- Radar error code
- Garmin weather radar issue
- Issues in weather radar screen
- Installation problems
Garmin Map Update For Marine GPS
It is crucial that you keep on updating the maps on your Garmin Marine device in order to get the maximum out of it. You can easily update any of the nautical charts from LakeVu HD or BlueChart G2 with the help of Garmin Express. Here are the steps to update existing charts in your Garmin Marine GPS:
- Launch the Garmin Express application in your computer.
- Prepare your SD card for online recognition of marine device.
- Make sure that the SD card have enough space to save the maps.
- Connect your micro SD card with your computer and wait for the automatic recognition by Garmin Express.
- Register your Garmin device with Express and add your marine drive to your Garmin vessel.
- As soon as you have registered with Garmin Express, you will notify immediately when a update is available.
- Just select the map updates you want to download and click on the download option. Save it in your designated folder. After downloading is finished, move it on the SD card.
- Now insert the SD card in the device and install the map updates in your Marine device.
Garmin Topo GPS Map Update
Garmin Topo map issues
- Unable to install Topo maps
- Unable to locate your maps
- Unable to transfer maps
- Maps not working
- Topo maps not working in a device
Update Garmin Topo Maps
- First, you have to install the Garmin Express in your computer if you want free and instant map update notifications for your device.
- After the installation process is complete, connect your device and wait until Garmin Express automatically find your Garmin GPS device.
- After the connection is secured, you can view a number of Topo map updates for your Garmin GPS.
- Verify that your device has enough storage space to update the maps. If you want, you can remove some older map and install the map which you need for your next adventure.
Garmin Aviation GPS Device Update
Garmin Aviation GPS Issues
These are some of the common issues which a user may face while using the Garmin aviation GPS devices:
- Computer does not recognize SD card
- Unable to update databases
- Getting ‘AVIATIONDATABASE.CPP’ error
- Getting ‘Battery Missing’ error
- Getting Connext error codes
- Aviation radar not working
- Does not find airport
- Unable to sign in into flyGarmin account
- GPS losing satellite signal during flight
- Getting ‘USB on wrong port’ error
- Device not receiving XM signal
Update Garmin Aviation Portable Device Using WebUpdater
- Download WebUpdater in your computer and install it.
- Launch the program after installation.
- Connect your device with the computer using a USB data cable.
- Register your device and go to the Menu option.
- You will find a software update (if available).
- Select the update and install it into your device card.
Garmin Automotive GPS Device Update
Garmin Automotive device Issues
- Bluetooth not connecting with device
- Getting Y2K bug
- Device screen not working
- Unable to insert coordinates
- Unable to update maps on automotive GPS devices
- Unable to troubleshoot common issues
- Automotive device freezing
Update Garmin Automotive Maps
- First of all, you have to install the Garmin Express in your computer if you want free and instant map update notifications for your device.
- After installing Garmin Express, launch the application and plug your device using a USB data cable. The app will automatically detect your device. If not, select Add A Device option and add your device on Garmin Express.
- You can also update your device software using Garmin Express. Just select the available map update (if any) and click on install.
- After updating your device, check if there are some map updates available.
- Make sure your device has enough free storage to download and update the maps. You can download the maps on an external SD card and then transfer it in your GPS device. You can also select a smaller region of the map as it will be smaller in size.
Garmin Golf GPS Device Update
Garmin Approach Golf Device Issues
Here is the list of problems which a user may face related with Garmin Approach devices:
- Unresponsive screen
- Device frozen
- Auto-shot issues
- Unable to update golf courses
- Not receiving satellite signals
- Device error
- Battery issue
- Inaccurate temperature reading
Garmin Approach Golf Course Update
- Download and install Garmin Connect.
- Launch the program and register your device in it.
- Browse for the golf course you want to download and select the courses.
- Download these maps and install them in your device.
- After installation, you can access the golf course in your Garmin golf device.
Garmin Cycle GPS Device Update
Garmin Cycle GPS Device Issues
- Miscellaneous bugs
- Lights not activating
- Unable to load input
- Map zoom not working
- Sensors not working
- Unable to send GroupTrack messages
- Getting crashed during FTP test
- Bluetooth connection problem
- Device not charging
- Routing problem with maps
- Firmware issue
- Not connecting with phone
- Unable to sync with Garmin Connect
Garmin Cycle GPS Update
- Download Garmin Express in your computer and install it.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB data cable. Make sure you use a data cable and not a charging cable as it may create disturbance.
- Launch Garmin Express and register your device with the it.
- After registering, you can easily access your device data on Garmin Express.
- If there is a software or map update available for your device, select it.
- Click on the download button and install it.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software update process.
Some Common Garmin Application Issues
Garmin BaseCamp Issues
Here is a list of some common BaseCamp issues which a user may face:
- BaseCamp not working after update
- Geocaches not showing correctly
- Map Search issues
- Garmin custom map issues
- Getting There was a problem communicating with the Garmin device’ error message
- Getting ‘App is not optimized for your Mac’ error message
- Unable to import or export map to a device
- Route calculation issues
- Difficulty in reading third party maps
- Facing ‘Map Locked’ message
- Showing incorrect memory space
- Unable to select your device
- Issues in sending the data to the device
- Substandard tracking operation
- Unable to enter coordinates
- Unable to fix Waypoints
Garmin Express Issues
- Unable to change map region in the application
- Application freezing regularly
- Garmin Express app icon missing
- GPS device not getting recognized
- Having Uninstall Error
- Garmin Express down
- Unable to sync Garmin Express
Just contact with Garmin customer support on 1-833-201-7903 and resolve each and every query which can be associated with Garmin. Contact today!