Avast is one of the leading internet and computer antivirus security around the globe. With its round the clock Firewall security, it has become a household name in the antivirus product’s industry.
However, no online software can stay away from issues and problems. Not even antivirus programs. There are several common issues which may arise time to time and create trouble for the user. To resolve this issue, we have come up with an all in one troubleshoot guide which you can follow on your own. Check out some of the common Avast antivirus issues and the easiest way to remove them.
Avast Antivirus Issues
- Cant cancel subscription
- Avast performance issues
- Avast issues on windows 10
- Avast issues on windows 7
- Issues with Firefox
- Avast issues on Mac
- Avast Privacy issue
- Unable to install Avast software
- The action center in windows 10 doesn’t recognize Avast
- Getting black screen in Avast in Windows 10
- Getting ‘Process Trust’ error during installation
- Avast antivirus won’t update
- Avast won’t start
Troubleshooting Avast Antivirus Performance Issues
If you are having some difficulty in your Avast antivirus program, you can repair it by following these points:
- Start your computer afresh and launch Avast antivirus.
- Make sure no other apps or software are running in the background.
- Go to the Windows Start icon and click on it. Now select Apps and Features options.
- Go to the avast antivirus app option and select uninstall.
- Allow the windows to uninstall the Avast program.
- Open the Avast Setup wizard and select the Repair option.
- Let the Repair wizard run its course. Do not shut down your device.
- When the Repair is done, click OK.
Troubleshooting Avast Software Activation Issue
Not able to activate Avast antivirus program in your system? Here is how you can do it:
- Make sure you received a license copy when you get the Avast program.
- If you have a license copy with you, uninstall the program.
- Install it again and make sure you enter the right product key.
- After installation, follow the upcoming prompt to activate the Avast program.
Troubleshooting Avast Performance Issues In Windows 10
Having problem in your Avast antivirus program in windows 10? follow these steps to resolve the issues:
- Verify that you have not deleted the Avast installation folder from the source drive.
- Make sure the problem lies in the Avast itself before following the below mentioned points. If you have issues in your device, try contacting the customer support.
- Launch the Avast antivirus program in your device.
- Tap on the Settings icon and select General option.
- Select the Exclusions options and click on Add.
- Now, add the following prompts in the exclusions address – C:WindowsExplorer.exe, C:WindowsImmersiveControlPanelSystemSettings.exe
- After adding these in the exclusion list, save the settings and close Avast program
- Shut down your device and restart it. Open the Avast program and check if the issue is resolved.
Troubleshooting Avast Components Not Working Issues
You may have faced some instances when one or more than one components of Avast program stopped working properly. It may impact your working performance severely if one of the major part of Avast stops suddenly. Here is an easy troubleshoot guide which you can follow if you face this issue:
- Uninstall Avast Antivirus program from your device. If you have Avast uninstall utility tool in your system, take help from it in uninstalling Avast software.
- Check that all the items related with Avast has been deleted from your system.
- If you have Avast Firewall NDIS Filter Driver or a Avast Firewall Driver software in your system, uninstall them.
- Shut down your computer and restart it in Safe Mode.
- Open the search bar and search for ‘aswNdis’ format files. If found any, delete them.
- Delete the caches and cookies from your system. Make sure you do not have any element remaining from Avast program.
- If you have a Firewall installed in your system, stop the software.
- Go to the Avast website and download the latest version of Avast software you had.
- Make sure you have your original License key with you. Install the program in your system and with the help of your original License key.
- Check all the Avast component if they are running error free or not.
Troubleshooting ‘UI Failed To Load’ Issue In Avast Antivirus
If you are getting ‘UI Failed to Load’ error in your Avast antivirus program, try following these steps:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously till Windows Services console box prompts.
- Write services.msc in the box and press Enter.
- On the available options, go to Remote Desktop Services. Select the program and go to its properties.
- Select the General tab in properties. Select the Automatic option in the Startup type setting.
- After selecting your preferred type, click on Apply.
- Shut down your system and turn it ON again. Your issues will be resolved.
Troubleshooting Inactive Firewall Status In Avast Antivirus
If you are getting a system notification that your system is unprotected or your Firewall is inactive, you can try the following steps:
- Make sure that the Avast antivirus is running properly in your system.
- Verify that you haven’t deleted any of the Avast files or folders from your system.
- If you have a Avast Premier, make sure you have not turned OFF the Firewall settings mistakenly.
- Check with your Avast subscription and software update.
- Make sure your License key has not expired. If it is expired get a new one.
- If you think all the settings are untouched, repair your avast program from the above mentioned guide.
- Uninstall your software and reinstall it. Check if the issue still persist.
Troubleshooting Antivirus Activation Issue In Avast
If you are unable to activate the Antivirus components in Avast or Antivirus is not running, here is what you can do:
- Make sure the Avast program is properly installed in your system.
- Check that all the component of Avast are working properly and are running on the latest version.
- Check if you have bought the right package of Avast.
- Launch the Avast program.
- Open the Security and Maintenance column in your system and click on ‘Turn on Avast Antivirus’/ Turn on Avast Firewall.
- Select Agree on the prompt message asking if your trust this publisher.
- Your Avast antivirus will be turned on. Close the program and run it again.