Xfinity provides several ways by which a Xfinity WiFi user can access the WiFi network name and password. If you wish to change your Wi-Fi network name or password, you can do it with the help of these ways or contact via phone 1-866-405-0231
- Xfinity My Account
- Xfinity My Account App for Mobile Devices
- Xfinity xFi
- X1 TV Box (View Only)
- Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool
Change Xfinity Wi-Fi Name And Password Using Xfinity My Account
If you need to change the WiFi name or password with the help of Xfinity My Account, follow these instructions:
- Open a web browser in your mobile, laptop or computer, whichever you are using to access your WiFi information.
- Go to Xfinity website and log into your account.
- Tap on the Settings option which you can find on the top of your screen.
- Go to WiFi Network & Password and click on it.
- Click Edit and change your Network name or password.
Change Xfinity WiFi Name And Password Using Xfinity My Account App
Follow these steps to change your Xfinity WiFi name and password with the help of Xfinity My Account app:
- If you do not have Xfinity My Account app, download it from the app store.
- Sign into your account using your Xfinity username and password.
- Go to the navigation menu and click on ‘Internet’.
- From the list of the gateways, select the one you wish to change.
- Select ‘Show WiFi Settings’. You can access all your Wi-Fi related information here.
- If you want to make changes in your Wi-Fi settings, click on Change Wi-Fi settings. You can easily set a new name or password for your WiFi.
Change Xfinity WiFi Name And Password Using Xfinity xFi
With xFi, you can access your WiFi settings either by its home page www.xfinity.com/myxFi or by downloading the xFi application. Here is how you can make WiFi changes with xFi:
- Log into xFi using your Xfinity credentials.
- Go to the Overview page.
- On the top, you can find the WiFi name. Click on Show Passwords to view the passwords.
- If you need to change the WiFi username or password, click on Edit WiFi.
- Enter the new username or password. Click on Apply Changes and your updates will be saved.
View Xfinity WiFi Name And Password Using Xfinity X1 TV Box
You can view your Xfinity WiFi information on your X1 TV Box by following these points:
- Press Xfinity key on your X1 TV remote.
- Scroll to the setting icon and select it.
- Go to the Help section on the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to WiFi tile and select it.
- Here you can view your Xfinity WiFi username and password.
Change Xfinity WiFi Name And Password Using Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool
You can take help of Xfinity Wireless Gateway Admin Tool to make changes in your Wi-Fi settings but keep in mind to use this tool only if you are fully aware with its functioning. Here is how you can make changes in your Xfinity WiFi settings:
- Before starting the process, make sure your device on which you’re going to perform this task, is connected with your Xfinity WiFi.
- Start a web browser and start admin tool by going to (http://10.0.0.1).
- Login with the default admin id if you haven’t changed the Admin tool password which is – Username: admin, Password: password.
- After login, click on Gateway and go to Connection.
- Click on WiFi. You can view your WiFi name under the SSID.
- If you wish to make any change, click on Edit. After making your changes, click on Save Settings.