Spectrum offers the best Internet and Cable TV services across the United States. Being one of the leading Internet service providers, they help you connect with your loved ones in no-time with their super-fast Internet and quality voice services. If you are looking for a guide to activate your Spectrum modem, this is the perfect place. In this article, you will get to know how to activate a modem by yourself. For any other queries related to Spectrum, you can call our Spectrum helpline 1-866-405-1725.
Using this guide, you can activate:
- A Spectrum modem for a new Internet service.
- A Spectrum modem to replace your existing modem.
- Your own modem.
Note: In case you are using Spectrum Voice service, you will need a Spectrum Voice modem.
Things To Keep Handy
Make sure to arrange the following things before you start. If you want to activate a Spectrum modem, you must have the following items in the self-install kit:
- Ethernet cable
- Coaxial cable
- Power cable
Also, keep the following information ready:
- The primary phone number used for your Spectrum account or the Spectrum account number.
- Your service address ZIP code.
Once you have all the above-mentioned equipment and information with you, it’s time to start. You should follow the given steps:
- Connect The Modem
- Connect first end of the coaxial cable to the cable outlet, and the second end to the modem.
- After this, connect the power cable to your modem, and plug the other end into the electrical outlet.
Note: In case, you want to replace your existing modem, you should unplug the old one from the electrical supply, and simply move the coaxial cable from your old modem to the new one. Then, connect your new modem with the electrical outlet.
- Now, wait until the modem connects with the network (usually 2 to 5 minutes). Once it is connected, the online status light on your modem will become solid.
- Connect The Modem To The Wi-Fi Router Or Computer
- Connect the modem to your computer using the Ethernet cable. If you want to connect it to a Wi-Fi router, place the Ethernet cable in the Internet port provided on the back side of your router.
- Activate The Modem Online
- Now, open the Internet browser on your computer and you will see the Spectrum Activation page. Or you can visit net/selfinstall on your smartphone.
- Click on Get Started.
- If you are using your smartphone:
a) Enter the Primary Phone Number or the Spectrum Account Number.
b) Enter the Service ZIP Code.
c) Click Next.
- Follow the prompts to complete activation process.
Note: If you are activating your own modem, your MAC ID will be needed. You can find it on your modem equipment label.
Using the above guide, you can easily activate your Spectrum modem and enjoy using awesome Internet speeds. In case, you still face an issue, feel free to reach our Spectrum customer service team at 1-866-405-1725. They will be more than happy to help you!