If you are facing issues in your Xfinity service, it might be happening due to an Xfinity service outage. You can easily learn about Xfinity outages on Comcast Outage Map.
When Xfinity users face any service related issues, they normally think that they are the only ones who are having problem and look for the solution not knowing that there might be a service outage in their area. Comcast Outage Map is one of the easiest ways you can know about a current or potential Xfinity service outage. You can view outage for several Xfinity services like Xfinity TV, Xfinity Internet, Xfinity X1 and more.
Xfinity Outage Issues
An Xfinity user may come across some of the following issues:
- Maintenance error
- Server error
- Xfinity Wi-Fi down
- Damaged fiber optic cable
- Service upgrade
- Xfinity website not working
- Xfinity level 3 outage
How To Use The Comcast Outage Map?
Using a Comcast map will let you know about any maintenance work or about any service interruptions promptly so that you can prepare for outage in advance. Wondering how to use Comcast map? Simply sign into your Comcast Status Center with your Xfinity username and password and learn about your connections, service issues and about any local Comcast outages.
- When you sign in, you can view the map implying no service outages and service outage areas.
- You can get an overall view of your address and your local area. You cannot access any other address.
- If you are in an outage area, you will receive a notification on top of the map with potential outage type and estimated time of solution.
How To Navigate The Comcast Outage Map?
Follow these points to navigate the Comcast outage map:
- Simply click on any of the icons on the map and you can view all the outage information for that area.
- When you click on an area icon, a message prompt will appear on the left side of your screen. You can see the type of services which are affected due to outage, outage type – whether the outage was planned or not, how many people are affected in the area and estimated time of resolution.
- Learn what an icon tells about the outage:
- Green House – No service outage in the area
- Red House – Service outage in the area
- Exclamation Mark – Outage in neighboring area
- Red Square – Outage reported on the area
Troubleshooting Comcast Outage Map Issue
First of all you have to make sure if you are in a power outage or you are having a issue due to some other fault. Follow these steps to locate the issue:
- Check and confirm in the Comcast map outage that your area comes under outage.
- Verify your devices are connected with electricity and plugs are set in properly.
- Check that power outlets are working where you have connected your device.
- Perform a TV reset by making sure that the set top box and DVR are connected properly and TV is set on the right channel.
- Restart your router and modem devices if you are not having internet. Perform a soft reset by removing them from power supply for a minute and connecting them again.
- Ask a neighbor who has same connection if they are also having same kind of issues. If yes, you must be in a service outage area.
After confirming that you are in an Xfinity service outage area, you can follow this troubleshoot guide:
- Check out that there are no dues against your account. If you have not paid your last bill, pay them first and see if the services are resumed.
- Opt for a Text Message service which can notify you as soon as the service is resolved in your area.
- Make sure to put your equipment turned OFF during the outage.
- If the outage has occurred due to power failure, disconnect all your electronic equipment from the power outlet. They might get fused during the power shuffling.
If your issue is still not resolved even after the map showing no outage, contact Xfinity support by calling on Xfinity Outage phone number.