Is your device up to date? Obtain the latest version of the software in order to make sure that you have updated device protection options and features in the best possible manner.
Get the latest software updates
Visit the official website of ATT from your PC or tablet to check for the available software updates.
Detailed instructions to obtain the latest software updates
- Visit the Device Support service.
- Change or choose the selected device model and brand.
- Go to “More device Help”.
- Click on the “Software updates” if it is available. It is only displayed if there is any available software update.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps in order to check for the latest software updates for your other devices.
How to fix up failed software updates?
Sometimes your devices may show certain errors while updating. Below are listed some of the common reasons for these errors along with their fixes.
Each and every update needs a certain amount of memory space.
- You may require to remove data or apps from your device in order to increase its available memory.
- You can back up your important data before removing it.
Software updates should be done on Wi-Fi so that your data usage limit does not get affected. You need to make sure that you are:
- Located on our wireless network and in the United States.
- Having a Strong Wi-Fi signal connection.
- You need to make sure that your device has at least 80 percent of battery power.
- It is best to connect your device to the charger before you update its software.
AT&T branded device
You need to keep in mind that the software updates provided on our website are available only for AT&T devices.
- The available update may not work in case you brought your device to ATT.
- You may check the original manufacturer or carrier for the software updates.