If you think you always need professional assistance to install Spectrum services, you are probably unaware of the self-installation technique! To install Spectrum’s Internet, WiFi, and Voice services on your own, simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
STEP 1: Connecting the Coaxial Cable
Plug one end of the coaxial cable into the wall power outlet and then connect the other end to the WiFi modem.
If your Spectrum receiver is securely connected to the wall outlet, then check the instructions below. It is not a mandate to use all cables during the installation process.
- First, unplug the coaxial cable of the Spectrum receiver from the cable wall outlet. Take the short coaxial cable and plug one end to the wall outlet, and then connect the cable’s other end to the side of the splitter which has the single connection (IN).
- Connect one end of the coax cable of the Spectrum receiver to an OUT connector on the splitter. Ensure that the other end is properly connected to the Spectrum receiver.
- Now, connect an end of the long coaxial cable to the second OUT connector on the splitter and then connect the other end of the coax cable to the modem.
- Further, continue the process with step 2.
STEP 2: Connecting the Power Cord
- Plug the end of the power cord into your Spectrum modem and the other end into a power outlet.
- After you have plugged in the power cord, wait for the modem to connect to the spectrum network. It would take about 2 to 5 minutes. Then proceed to the next step.
STEP 3: Connecting the Modem To Your Phone
- Take the phone cord and plug one end to your phone and connect the other end to ‘Port 1’ on your Spectrum modem.
- After you have plugged in the modem, wait for the modem to connect to the network. It would take about 2 to 5 minutes. Then proceed to the next step.
STEP 4: Connecting the Modem to the WiFi Router
Take the Ethernet cable and plug one end to your Spectrum modem. After that connect the other end to the WiFi router through the yellow Internet port.
STEP 5: Plugging in the WiFi Router
- Plug one end of the power cord into the Spectrum’s WiFi router, and plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Wait until the WiFi light on the router’s front panel turns on. In case, no light turns on, do press the Power button (ON/OFF) on the rear panel of the Spectrum’s WiFi router.
STEP 6: Connecting a Wireless Device to your WiFi Router
- First, ensure that your WiFi is on and then open the list of WiFi connections on your wireless device.
- Select the SSID which is printed on your WiFi router. If the name is ending in ‘5G’, this implies that your device is capable of 5 GHz. Hence, connecting to the ‘5G’ network would provide a better experience.
- After that, enter the password which is printed on your WiFi router.
NOTE: Follow these steps to connect other devices to the WiFi router.
STEP 7: Activating the Modem
- To activate your service, visit net/selfinstall on your personal computer or mobile device.
- Kindly restart your WiFi router soon after the activation process is complete.
Self-installation of these services is extremely easy if you carefully follow these steps.