Netflix has become a must-have application in today’s time. It has grasped a wide market in the video streaming services, and it is increasing rapidly due to its addictive Netflix originals series.
A Netflix user faces some common issues from time to time. Not because Netflix provides bad service but because users do not follow the instructions thoroughly. However, Netflix makes sure that you do not miss your favorite shows for a long time with its on-time customer service.
Here is are some issues which a Netflix user may come across.
Common Netflix Issues
- Black screen
- Unstable connection
- Netflix is Not Available
- Unable to log into Netflix account
- Netflix notification issue
- Netflix app not working
- Netflix stuck on loading screen TV
- Cannot reach Netflix.com
- Netflix not working on Fire stick
- Getting error message in android ‘error: Connection Failed’
- Netflix app crashing
- Netflix not working on Roku smart TV
- Netflix stuck at 24 percent Roku
- Netflix not working on Sony smart TV
- Netflix slow on Roku TV
- Netflix not working on apple TV
- Getting Launch Failed error
- Netflix site error
Netflix Error Codes
- UI-800-3etflix error code NW2-5
- Netflix error code NW-3-6
- Netflix error code UI-800-3
- Netflix error code TVQ-ST-103
- Netflix error code U7002
- Netflix error code 3-0 Apple TV
- Netflix error 100
- Error UI3012
- Error 104
Resolving these issues is literally a 2-minute task. You can call the Netflix customer support number 1-833-201-7903 and get instant help or follow the below-mentioned troubleshoot guide.
The Ultimate Netflix Troubleshoot Guide
How To Solve Netflix Down Issues?
Unable to stream Netflix in your device? Here is the troubleshoot guide to resolve this issue:
- Make sure you have active internet connection in your android phone or tablet.
- Check that your Netflix subscription has not expired.
- Verify that you are using the latest version of Netflix.
- Never place your internet device at such a location where it can easily get affected by an interference.
- Make sure you are having internet in your device. Check it by opening a different browser or application.
- Try to connect your android device with another source of internet. The issue might lay in the internet itself.
- Switch OFF your device and switch it ON again after 1 minute.
- If you haven’t deleted the cache files in last one week, delete them.
- If you are still unable to access Netflix content in your device, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
How To Solve Netflix not working on Roku 2019 Issue?
If you are unable to access content on your Roku device, here is what you can do to resolve this issue:
- Verify that your Roku device is connected with internet.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of software in your Roku device. Also update your Netflix device to the latest version.
- The issue may be in Roku itself, so check with the device first.
- Check your Netflix subscription as it may be ended.
- Turn OFF your Roku device and turn it ON again after 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have activated the ‘Enable Browse and Search in Netflix’ feature in your Roku settings.
How To Resolve Netflix App Not Working Issue?
Getting confused on what to do if your Netflix app keeps on crashing. Here is what you can do to resolve this issue:
- Check that you are using the latest software update of Netflix application in your device.
- Check your internet connection in the device. Make sure it is active.
- The first thing you can do is to sign out of your Netflix account and log in again. Make sure you can view all your previous content.
- Keep in mind to clean the cache files of your Netflix app. A large size of cache files may reduce the performance of your app.
- If it does not help, uninstall your app and install it again.
How To Resolve Netflix Error Code UI-800-3/Netflix Error 0013 Issue?
This issue normally occurs when you have to refresh your stored contents in your account. Simply follow these points:
- Check that you haven’t deleted the content which you were looking for.
- Always use an up-to-date version of Netflix software.
- If you have an Android device, simply log out and uninstall the device. Reinstall it and sign into your account. Check if the issue is resolved.
How To Resolve Netflix Error NW-2-5 Issue?
This issue arises when you have some connectivity error in your device. Follow these steps to avoid such issues:
- Check the internet connection by accessing another website it in a different browser.
- Make sure your internet provider supports streaming.
- Disconnect the internet from your device and turn it OFF. Turn it ON again and try to connect with internet.
- You can try the power cycle option on your modem by removing it from the power supply. Resupply it with power after one minute.
- You can connect your device directly with modem using an Ethernet cable. Simply shut down your device, connect it with the modem and start your device.
How To Resolve Unable To Download Netflix Issue?
Follow these tips if you are unable to download and install Netflix app in your android or Apple devices:
- Make sure your Apple device is running on iOS on 11.0 or latest.
- If you are using an iOS version which is younger than 11.0, you have to make some access changes in your device. Open the Restriction tab in the General settings and add the Netflix download page.
- If you have an android device, make sure it is Google Play protected. Netflix may deny to provide download if you are using a Google default device.
- You can also download the Netflix app directly from Netflix website in your android device.
How To Resolve Netflix Not Working On Sony TV Issue?
If you want to stream Netflix on your Sony TV but unable to do so, simply follow these points:
- Clear all the cache files from your Netflix. Verify that you have an active Netflix subscription.
- Make sure you have updated the app to resolve the Netflix TV error -111.
- If you are unable to use Netflix on your Sony TV, select the RESET option from the error window.
- Sign out of your account and sign in again. Check if the issue is resolved or not.
How To Resolve Netflix Not Working On Apple TV Issue?
- If you cannot access Netflix content on your Apple TV, the first thing you have to do is to update Apple tvOS.
- Try visiting Netflix on your Mac. If you still can’t access Netflix content, there might be server errors from Netflix.
- Try to power cycle your router or modem as there might be some internet issue.
- Make sure you have the right sort of settings in your Apple TV to stream Netflix on it.
- Check if you can access internet or not. If not, the problem may be in internet and not in your Apple TV.