You can use the modem reset option when your internet is not working as per expectations. Resetting of modem is one of the simplest and most effective formulas to resolve your CenturyLink internet issues. However, there are some important things you should keep in mind before modem reset. If you are having some internet issues in CenturyLink connection, check out this help guide.
Modem Reset: To Use Or Not To Use
You can ask what can be achieved with a simple modem reset. It has been seen in the past that most of the internet problems (not complex ones) were solved with this option. When you reset your modem, all its data gets deleted and it starts working as a new device. With CenturyLink modem reset you can resolve these internet problems:
- When you are not having internet lights on your device
- Facing slow internet
- Having internet issues just after Level3 CenturyLink outage
- Not having internet even though the lights are flashing
- Modem not connecting to internet
How To Reset CenturyLink Modem?
You can perform a modem reset by following these steps:
- Find the reset key on your device and press it for 15 seconds. Keep it pressed until the lights start blinking on the device.
- Wait for some time until the internet (INT) lights are turned ON on your modem.
- When internet lights start blinking, connect your device with the modem.
- Program your modem for the first time use.
- Open a browser and check your internet connection.
Where Is My Reset Button?
In most of the modem devices, reset button is located at the back. You cannot access the reset button without a pin as reset button is used only when internet is not working. Simply press the PIN on the reset button until you felt a click signifying that the reset button has been pressed.
Power Cycle Your CenturyLink Modem
To perform a power cycle on your device, simply follow these steps:
- Disconnect the modem from main power outlet. Remove all the wires attached with it.
- Wait for a minute and connect all the wires.
- Plug the device back into main power outlet.
- Let the internet lights turn on.
- Connect your device and verify that you are having the internet.
By performing a power cycle, you can get rid of slow internet and small internet issues. If you are still not having internet connection, contact support.