Easily, one can resolve the issues related to AT&T Wi-Fi gateway by performing a factory reset. Though it very useful, doing a factory reset should be the last option as this will remove all the custom settings created by you.
Take a note: If you have changed the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) or have a Static IP configured on the wireless gateway, ensure to note all the settings at first. With this, you can re-apply them after completing the factory reset.
To perform the factory reset, follow the mentioned below steps:
- On the rear of the gateway, locate the reset button which is located right beside the power input.
- Press the button and hold it for 10 seconds at lest. If you release it before 10 seconds, rebooting of the gateway will begin instead of reset.
- After 10 seconds, release the button. Now, wait for a couple of minutes for the device to reboot and till all the status lights are lit. Upon successful reboot, the Service and Broadband Status lights would be solid green.
In case, you have Static IP configuration prior to the factory reset, easily you can restore all the settings by following the given below steps:
- Enter http://192.168.1.254 in your web browser and click ‘Enter’.
- When the Graphical User Interface of Gateway screen will appear, choose the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Now, select the ‘Broadband’ tab followed by ‘Link configuration’.
- Enter the original settings in here and save them by selecting ‘Save’ option.