QuickBooks is one of the most efficient and useful accounting tools which is available both online and offline. One can perform different accounting activities at one go with QuickBooks desktop version, while it’s easy to maintain your accounts remotely with QuickBooks online. QuickBooks program creates Qbprint.qbp file itself and it is used for following purposes:
- It’s a QuickBooks-created file.
- This file consists of the data line for every single form in QuickBooks including lines for invoices and a discrete line for journal entries, and so on.
- Whenever you print any form then QuickBooks fetches form settings from Qbprint.qbp to print the form.
- QuickBooks writes every new information in Qbprint.qbp file when you alter the selections on the Print One Form window or Printer Setup window.
- QuickBooks generates a new Qbprint.qbp file from default settings when you rename this file. In that case, any custom settings will be lost.
- To troubleshoot the problem renaming the file is a preferred option since it renames the old file and recovers the custom settings.
Follow the below steps to manually rename the file:
- Firstly, find the Qbprint.qbp
In Windows 7, 8 and Vista:
Go to “C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ QuickBooks20XX (20XX is the version of QuickBooks)”
In Windows XP:
Go to “C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ Intuit \ QuickBooks20XX (20XX is the version of QuickBooks)”
C: \ Documents and Settings\ “remoteUser” \ Application Data \ Intuit \ QuickBooks VerisonYear
In Server 2012 and Server 2008:
C: \ Program Data \ Intuit \ QuickBooks VersionYear
and C: \ Users \”remoteUser” \ AppData \ Roaming \ Intuit \ VersionYear \ TSPrinterSettings
Note: If the above folders don’t appear, you may need to show hidden files on Windows.
- Once you find the Qbprint.qbpfile then, right click this file and choose ‘Rename’ from the menu.
- Now run the QuickBooks program.
- Select File >> Printer Setup. Next, in the drop-down list of Form Name, click on any transaction then click on OK. A new Qbprint.qbp file will be created.
Now open and print the transaction that you had a problem with!
In case the above steps don’t help to resolve your problem, then you may contact our QuickBooks technical support service for assistance and additional guidance.