A problem with your Spectrum Internet connection can sometimes be resolved by resetting your Internet devices.
You can easily reset your Spectrum modem with the help of My Spectrum app, log in to Spectrum and use the Internet troubleshooting tool or call Spectrum Support for help.
You may also reset the modem manually. In case you have another router, you can reset that too. Go through the following instructions that may vary depending on the types of equipment you use:
A one-piece router/modem combo that is also known as a gateway, or a modem only.
A separate Wi-Fi router and a modem.
Steps To Reset Your Modem Or Gateway:
- Unplug the power cable from the modem or gateway and remove the batteries.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then put in the batteries again. Reconnect the power cord.
- Wait for 2 minutes in order to make sure that the reset is complete. Also, make sure that the connection lights of your modem are solid and not blinking.
- Check the Internet connection that you are using to make sure that it is working properly.
Steps To Reset Your Wi-Fi Router And Modem:
- Unplug the power cable from the back of your modem and remove the batteries.
- Unplug the power cable from your Wi-Fi router.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then put in the batteries again.
- Reconnect the power cable to the modem.
- Hold on for at least 2 minutes in order to ensure that the reset is complete. Make sure that the connection lights on your modem are not blinking and should be solid.
- Reconnect your Wi-Fi router to the power outlet. Wait for at least 2 minutes and allow your router to power on.
- Check your Internet connection in order to make sure that it is properly working.
In case these steps of resetting your router or modem do not work or you have any other issues, contact our Spectrum care.