Voice Online Manager enables the Spectrum users to check and manage Spectrum voice features such as voicemail online with the help of either a mobile device or a desktop computer.
Continue reading to get general information related to the Voice mails, calls, and its settings.
How to access the Online Manager?
If you want to access the Spectrum Voice Online Manager, you have to follow given steps. They are as follows:
- At first, sign-in to your Spectrum account.
- At the top of the page, you will see a voice icon. Click on it.
- Now, you have to select particular phone numbers those are listed in the header to manage the features in Voice Online Manager.
Note: You can select up to two numbers only.
- Next, you have to navigate to your desired section:
- Summary: In here, you will get an overview of your call history, voicemails and voice settings.
- Calls: Details related to the call activities that you can filter by missed calls, incoming calls, and outgoing calls.
- Voicemails: You will get your received voicemails lists here and also varied options including the search for, delete, forward to, reply to, download or play the selected messages.
- Voice settings: You can manage your preferences such as speed dial, call waiting, call blocking, and call handling, simultaneous rings and more.
Note: Voice Online Manager sign you out automatically from the Spectrum.net after an inactivity for an hour.
How to manage the permissions?
Easily, you can manage your Voice Online Manager permissions by following the given steps:
- Sign in to MyAccount from your computer using the Admin username or a Head of Household.
Note: To edit permissions, you have to use a desktop computer. Thus, you cannot edit it via a mobile device.
- From the top-left corner of the page, select the options Menu, followed by the Manage Account. After this, go to the Settings.
- Now, select the username that you wish to edit, and scroll to the Account Controls.
- To expand the section, you have to click on Plus (+) icon.
- Next, either choose ‘Yes’ to allow access to Voice Online Manager or ‘No’ to restrict it. At last, select the option ‘Save’.
How to set up Voicemails?
By following the mentioned below steps, you can set up the Voicemail with the help of Voice Online Manager on Spectrum.net.
Note: Until you set up the voicemail, callers will not be able to leave the messages and will get a message after five rings that voicemail is not set up.
- At first, open the Voice Online Manager.
- Go to the Summary page and then to the voicemails section. In here, select Set up Voicemail option.
- Now, you have to follow the displayed prompts to set up readable voicemail, 4-digit numeric PIN, greeting and voicemail preferences.
How to access the messages?
When you will have a new voicemail, you get an interrupted dial tone. Your mailbox can save up to 45 messages maximum for each of 31 days. Under the Voicemails tab, you can view as well as manage your messages.
After selecting a voice message, you can:
- Select the play options and listen to your voice message.
- Choose the search feature, with which you can browse the messages using the keyword or the phone number.
- Mark your voice messages as unheard or heard.
- Delete/Remove the unwanted messages. To free up storage, you can delete them permanently. Moreover, within 24 hours, you can recover your deleted messages.
- Add to in case you want to add a phone number to the calling feature, such as block or unwanted callers or VIP Ringing.
- Download any messages to playback later.
- Forward and reply to email.
Note: Those who are the customers of Spectrum Voice service and not subscribed to the Internet service of Spectrum, can reply or forward to a voicemail, however, the recipients will not be able to send a reply on the originated email address.
What will you find on Calls page?
- On the calls page, you will get the details of your call history.
- You can check recent call records (up to 100 records), in addition, can sort by phone number and/or name, time, duration of call and date.
- For your records, if you want to save a copy of the call history, you have to select Export Call Logs option.
To know how to access Call Details online, click here.
How to set-up different settings in Voice Online Manager?
Voice Online Manager enables a user to manage different functionalities such as Call Handling, Calling Features, Voicemail settings, and Privacy options.
With the Call Handling option, you can forward the selected or all calls to an appointed phone number and can select the way to handle the calls when there is no answer or the line is busy.
To manage call handling, follow:
- At first, go to the Voice Online Manager and select the option Settings.
- Now, choose the Call Handling option and keep on following the prompts and make changes as per the requirements.
- Upon completion, save your settings. In case, you wish to restore the default settings, select Reset option.
Note: The International Call Forwarding is unavailable.
Note: To manage this feature, you have to subscribe to it first and activate your account.
To access and edit calling features, follow:
- At first, go to the Voice Online Manager and click on the Settings option.
- Next, you have to select the Calling Features and select any one of the following features for editing:
- Speed Dial
- Call Waiting
- Backup Phone
- VIP Ringing
- Simultaneous Ring
- After editing the settings, do not forget to save the changes.
To know more how to manage Spectrum Voice Calling Feature using a handset or online, click here.
Anytime, you can turn voicemail on or off from the Voice Online Manager’s settings section. After setting the voicemails, you can create a voicemail PIN, record personalized greetings and choose the option to receive readable voicemail.
To know more about the management of Voicemail settings, click here.
With the help of Voice Online Manager, you can set up privacy settings like call blocking. For this, follow:
- Go to Voice Online Manager and in here, select the Settings option.
- Next, navigate to the Privacy section and select any one of the following features for editing:
- Accept Select Callers
- Block Unwanted Callers
- Call Blocking
- Do Not Disturb
- Directory Listing
- After editing the settings, do not forget to save the changes.
To know more about the management of Spectrum privacy features, click here.
If you want to block undesired calls from the robot-callers and telemarketers with the help of Voice Online Manager, click here.
If you are unable to manage, make necessaries changes or save the settings of your Voice Online Manager, it is better to call a Spectrum tech expert.