If you’re using Xfinity wireless Gateway or Voice modem with a battery backup, you just need to log in to your account online, and there, you can simply perform a modem restart. You also have another option to reboot it manually.
Restarting your Wireless Modem, Gateway or Router manually
When you perform a manual restart, it’ll shut down and restore the functionality of wireless Modem, Gateway or Router. All the saved settings will be maintained during the overall process.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Turn OFF your device to connect it to the Internet.
- Detach it from a power source and leave it unplugged for at least ten seconds.
- Attach the power cord to the electricity source. Wait for about 30 seconds, and then, turn ON your device.
Restart your wireless Gateway remotely through the My Account application of Xfinity
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to reboot your wireless Gateway using My account application:
- Download the application from the Google Play store or Apple iTunes. You can simply download it from the Xfinity’s device application.
- Sign in to your account using your username and press the Internet option present at the bottom of the home screen.
Note: In case you do not remember your password, you need to go to the Password Reset.
- From the XFINITY Internet screen, click on the Restart device option, and click again on it to begin the restarting process. This process will take about 5 minutes.
4. A confirmation message will display on your screen saying that the restart signal was sent to your wireless Gateway.
5. If you successfully restarted your device, click yes to exit. If not, you can contact our Xfinity support for further assistance.