Garmin offers you up-to-date traffic information in real time with the automotive traffic facility. However, it may sometimes display glitches which are inevitable despite many updates.
If you are an owner of Garmin device which traffic receiver and not able to receive the traffic information, you can follow a number of troubleshooting steps. By following them, you can resolve those occurring issues in no time. They are as follows:
- Confirm that external power is supplied to BC 30 or GTM vehicle power cable. It should lit an LED light, if not, check the fuse.
- The plugged sticker on the cord of vehicle power cable should indicate whether it is BC 30, GTM 26, 36 or 60.
- The GTM cables have a green or red LED light while BC 30 has a blue colored LED light.
- Review your device manual to make sure that the connection of the cable is to the correct port.
- Verify the placement of the cables.
- With the help of Garmin Express, update the traffic receiver software and the device.
- Confirm that the device you are using is in traffic coverage area on the basis of traffic service you are utilizing
- Garmin Traffic.
- Go to Interpreting Garmin Traffic Map for tips on the interpretation of Garmin Traffic Map.
- HD Digital Traffic.
- It is available with GTM 60 that comes with ‘LMTHD’ devices or you can purchase it separately.
- Go to Interpreting HD Digital Traffic Map to get more information on the interpretation of traffic coverage maps.
It may be possible that the traffic service is disabled on your device. For confirmation whether the service is enabled or not, follow:
- Using the vehicle power cable, connect the device to the power.
- Tap on Settings.
- Click on Traffic.
- In here enabled the traffic if it is disabled.
In case, the traffic subscription on your device has never been activated, you would have to acquire GPS satellite signal at first, for activation. Check the coverage area and afterward plug in the vehicle power cable to the vehicle and GPS device or cradle. Let the device receive the GPS signal as well as a traffic signal. However, this may take around 20 minutes.
If you have received traffic signal previously then even without satellite signal, you may receive the traffic signal. In such case, to determine the coverage, the device will utilize the last known position.