If you are facing this issue and not able to useSprint data on your Samsung Galaxy S8, then by following the below procedure you can rectify the issue. For this, you should verify whether your device is updated to the latest software version. If not, then you should update your device.
- Drag your phone’s screen up to bring up app,from the Home screen.
- Now tap on ‘Settings’ >> ‘About Phone’.
- Next scroll down and find ‘Software Version’.
- Verify it’s the latest version.
If the phone’s software version isn’t up to date, then update it using the below steps:
- Drag your phone’s screen up to bring up app from phone’s Home screen.
- Now tap on ‘Settings’ >> ‘Software Updates’.
- Next tap on ‘Download updates manually’ option.
- Now follow the instructions on screen.
In case you find that your software is up to date then update the data profile by following the below procedure (it is similar to the above steps):
- Firstly, you need to drag down the Status barfrom the phone’s home screen.
- Now tap on ‘Settings’ icon from there.
- Scroll and find ‘System Updates’ and tap on it.
- Next tap on ‘Update Profile’ option.
- After completing the update profile then tap on ‘OK’.
- Now the data profile is up to date.
If the software update is up to date, also you have already performed the data profile update, then you should approach Sprint to check the network status of the device on its end.