Did you ever think of using your Xbox One offline that means without connecting to Xbox Live? If so, then you need to do this, and by following some easy steps allow you to set the console to offline. When you go offline, the console will not connect to any networks.
In case you are experiencing Xbox Live service outage, a network, ISP problem, then it’s not recommended to set your console to offline. Further, your console may show offline status, but it can automatically reconnect once an online connection is available. Moreover, you can still enjoy many features of your Xbox One if it’s not connected to the service. However, if you want to experience all your Xbox One features, then you should be online to do so.
Procedure to go offline:
- Open the guide simply by pressing ‘Xbox’(appears like a ball) button.
- Now choose System>> Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Choose Network settings, then choose Go offline
Once you successfully complete the above steps the status of your network will alter to offline. In case you want to go online again, then by following previous steps, and choosing Go online in Network settings, you can do this.
But if you are offline, you can still enjoy the below features:
- You can Watch TV, think to get One Guide listings, you are required to be online.
- Log in to your profile, only if you have logged in before. It includes automatic sign-in mode with the Kinect, only if it was setup when you were online.
- You’ll be able alter console settings, however, it won’t allow you to change family or profile settings. Also, while offline, Content controls will be available.
- You are able to enjoy playing games in case you own a disc or using your home Xbox. If you are not aware of Home Xbox, then find the procedure to set an Xbox One console as home Xbox.
- You are able to store game clips (if there’s space).
- You can Earn achievements.
- It allows to use most voice commands in case you own a Kinect.
The following are the activities that you can do only when you’re online:
- To play games or use apps requiring an internet connection.
- If you want to play game for which you have to sign-in online to play, even as a single player.
- When you want to play saved games, and want to sync on multiple consoles.
- When you want to use social features such as messages, friends, and parties.
- To browse and buy contents from the Music & TV, Xbox Store, and Groove.
- If you want to use the Xbox SmartGlass.
- In case of updating apps and console.
Apart from this, many activities including sharing content like screenshots and Game DVR and unlocking achievements would be queued for the time period and will continue the next time when the device connects to Xbox Live. Also, when the contents are synced you can view them on OneDrive and in your achievements.
In case your Xbox is online but still you are not able to connect to the network, then try this Solution Guide for Network Connection Error.
If in case, after using all procedures, you are still not able to go offline or have any other technical problems with your Xbox One. Then get instant help from Xbox technical support service.