In case your Xfinity internet or cable not working, try these simple tips to fix this problem.
Check for reported cable or the internet outage:
Before trying to apply any fixes, check if there are any reported service outage in your region. Simply, log in to My Account and check for the outage. You can also send text message OUT to 266278 (COMCST) to find out if there are any outages (charges may apply), if you have any registered mobile number for Comcast alerts. Follow these steps to set up Comcast Alerts.
If you find a red status on one or more Xfinity services, then there are reported outages in your area. And if there is a green status on one or more Xfinity services then there is no reported outage. If so, then follow below steps to troubleshoot the problem.
Inspect the connections and power of your device
- Make sure a fuse hasn’t blown, the plugs and wires aren’t loose, power and the other outlets are working.
- Check for any torn wires and make sure all cable connections are secure.
- Make sure that your TV is on the right channel, if it’s hooked up to a VCR, DVD, or a TV Box.
- Ensure that there are no due payments and your account is up to date. Interruptions may also occur because of late payments.
By following the below tips, you can troubleshoot a particular service problem easily:
- Internet: Try resolving internet outage issue by rebooting your router, modem or gateway.
- Cable TV: Reset your TV Box by following the instructions in its user manual. Find the User Guides for TV Box.
- Wireless Internet: You need to reset your router, for this follow the instructions in the user manual for resetting specific Wireless Gateway or Router.
If you are still not able to sort out the problem, try the below tips to get rid of the problem:
- Make sure that in the channel window, the channel number is lit in case of a TV Box. In case you own a digital TV Box, also in the channel window, there is a “0”, it indicates that the box isn’t receiving information.
- Check if the issue is with one or all the TVs, in case you have other TVs. In case you find that the cable isn’t working on all your TVs, then probably the issue is outside your house.
- Find out if your neighbors are also having a problem or only your cable/internet is out.
If you are not able to find any solutions and want more information, contact Xfinity tech support.